Sunday, July 22, 2007

inspiration from jazz

If you can appreciate good jazz, then you can appreciate some of the best in the business. Saturday evening was a gathering of a small sample of the kind of music people of all ages appreciated as we all rocked back and forth to the sounds of horns, guitars and great musicianship.
Some of my favorites when I interned at WNUA Smooth Jazz with my mentor Denise Jordan Walker blew us all away. I remember voicing my first voice-over commercial for an artist I didn't even know at the time, (But came to love) the one and only Peter White. I never knew he was from London, because he plays a guitar. You can't tell where a person is from by the instrument he plays.
Richard Elliot had the hottest and jazziest zebra patterened saxophone I have ever seen in life! He blew us all into a jazz zone we didn't want to leave.
Rick Braun is also one of my favorites. I used one of his songs as the opening theme for my tv show when I first started ZTV! This musician is as smooth as the horn he plays.
Last but not least, the man I'd waited to hear since he came on the scene some years ago sounding like the jazz great George Benson. He took us to a place none of us expected. Besides doing his jazz best, he even showered us with his new Gospel song that left us begging for more.
I surely didn't expect to have church in the middle of a jazz concert! It was well worth the time he took to praise the most high for the abundance of blessings we were all recieving! There's nothing more powerful than a musician giving praise to the Master Musician!
This experience was something I will remember for life. Life offers many good experiences in life, but there's nothing more soothing than an experiences that re-connects you with the power of God, through music. So the next time you feel a little out of sorts, under the weather or you just need a little uplifting, then turn on some jazz (or your favorite music) and start giving praise!
Remember, when the praises go up, the blessings come down!

No comments: